Directions From the Orlando Airport:
• Take the South exit out of the Airport.
• Follow the road to the 1st traffic light.
• Turn right at the light onto 417 South.
• Stay on 417 South for about 15 miles – you will pass 3 toll booths.
• Exit onto I-4 West.
• Stay on I-4 West until Exit #55 (U.S. Hwy. 27).
• Keep to your right off the exit. Turn right onto 27 South.
• Stay on 27 South for approx. 25 miles.
• You will come to a traffic light at Chalet Suzanne Road. A Publix shopping center and the Eagle Ridge Mall are located at this intersection. Make a left on Chalet Suzanne Rd.
• Go for 1 ½ miles to the traffic light at 17 (North Scenic Highway).
• Turn right onto 17 South.
• Follow 17 for approx. 1 mile.
• When you come around a sharp curve, you will see a “Hidden Driveway” sign.
• Just past the sign, you will see a left turn lane. Turn left into the entrance to Mountain Lake.
Directions From the Tampa Airport:
• Exit the airport onto Interstate 275 North.
• Continue on I-275 North about 10-12 miles to Interstate 4.
• Take I-4 East (toward Orlando)
• Go approx. 7 miles to Interstate 75 South.
• Take I-75 South about 5 miles to State Road 60 East.
• Proceed on 60 East through Bartow to Lake Wales
• At Lake Wales, exit onto US 27 North.
• Continue North to Mountain Lake Cutoff Road. (3rd light)
• Turn right and go approx. 1 mile to the blinking light at State Road 17
• Turn left onto State Road 17 North. (North Scenic Highway)
• The entrance to Mountain Lake is approx. 1 mile on your right. You will see a “hidden driveway” sign just before the turn.
Convenient Amtrak service from the North and South to Winter Haven, about 15 miles West of Mountain Lake.
We have had success dealing with the following transportation companies. Feel free to contact them directly to arrange for transportation to and from area airports.
Kat & Son Transportation
Polk Airport Transportation
Lake Wales Airport, approximately 5 Miles:
Bartow Municipal Airport, approximately 20 miles: